Hindus strongly believe that marriages are made in Heaven. So, in India, the Hindu weddings are considered to be the most important and the biggest ceremony in one’s life. It is celebrated with great pomp and joy. It is the celebration of love and the life that the couple will share with each other for the lifetime. It is not only the union of two souls but two families as well. For this holy and lovely union, the wedding ceremonies last for four to five days according to the Hindu weddings where a large number of customs are followed.
Many rituals are followed before commencing of the wedding ceremony like engagement function, sangeet and mehandi. In the engagement function, the bride and the groom exchange the rings. In this ceremony, only close friends and the family members of both the bride and the groom are being invited. In this ceremony, both gets engaged to each other and are committed for the lifetime.
Next is the Sangeet Ceremony which is the musical entertainment arranged in the evening by the groom`s family where the members of the two families are introduced to each other. After the sangeet ceremony, Mehandi Ceremony is organized in which mehandi is applied to the bride’s palms, hands and feet. In Mehendi ceremony the bride`s hands and feet are decorated with Mehendi which is thought to be very auspicious. It is said that the darker the color of the Mehendi, the more is the happiness in the life of the bride.
After the Mehandi ceremony, the main and very important ceremony is organized- the wedding itself. In this ceremony, all friends, colleagues, relatives and families of both the bride and the groom are being invited. In this ceremony, both the bride and the groom exchange the flower garlands. The groom also puts Mangalsutra around the bride’s neck and even vermilion is applied at the partying of her hair. Only after this, the wedding is considered to be successful and both are considered to be the soul mates. Then the ceremony is followed by the Kanyaadaan where the bride’s father gives his daughter’s hand to the groom. The couple then take the Mangal Pheras around the holy fire which is a promise given to each other that they both would be there for each other for the lifetime in every situation they face. Here, the wedding gets completed and the reception is organized by the groom’s family.
‘Marriage is more than a beautiful celebration It is a bright new beginning of two Souls becoming one’
Thank you so much for that. I’ll share new more Ideas and I hope you’ll like it. If you have new creative ideas then please let me know. would like to share on my dashboard
1. “There are three things that last: faith, hope, and love, and the greatest of these is love.”
2. “You will find as you look back upon your life, that the moments when you really lived are the moments when you have done things in the spirit of love.”
- Henry Drummond
3. “Marriages are made in Heaven and consummated on Earth.”
- John Lyly
4. ““The groom always smiles proudly because he’s convinced he’s accomplished something quite wonderful. The bride smiles because she’s been able to convince him of it.”
- Judith McNaught
5. “Love: A temporary insanity curable by marriage.”
- Ambrose Bierce
6. “Life has taught us that love does not consist of gazing at each other, but looking outward in the same direction.”
- Antione Saint-Exupery
7. “To love someone deeply gives you strength. Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage.”
- Lao Tzu
8. “Love is friendship set on fire.”
- Jeremy Taylor
9. “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.”
- Helen Keller
10. “Once in awhile, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale.”